Friday, May 13, 2011

SNAFU?

In case any non-Blogger blog readers are wondering why Thursday's post (12 May) titled "ASTROLOGY ~ How?" and the 5 comments which had gathered on Thursday morning have all disappeared, along with comments on earlier posts which were awaiting moderation:

Blogger encountered a major difficulty while doing maintenance and had to put all Blogger blogs in reader mode only from late morning on Thursday. They then backed up Thursday's posts and comments, and restored their system to the way it was on 11 May. They say they are in the process of restoring posts and comments from 12 May, but it's a big job, I guess, and could take some time.....and it IS Friday 13th after all.

I'll re-publish the lost post myself if it fails to appear in the next few days. But otherwise things SEEM to be normal for new posts....testing testing.

6 comments:

Jefferson's Guardian said...

Literally moments before, I upgraded my browser. So when I couldn't access Blogger, I thought, for awhile, that it had to be a compatibility issue. I talked to a friend a little later and told her what happened, and she confirmed she couldn't get into Blogger either.

Even after I checked very early this morning, their status reports from the previous couple of days had vanished also. Pretty strange.

Gian Paul said...

There are signs that Google and other similar operators increasingly encounter what the Egyptian Book of the Dead alredy called "the problem of keeping united the various souls created".

No wonder that with all the ever more sofisticated gadgets in use these days, to "get it fixed" is also becoming a complication.

Good, T. that you intend to re-publish your excellent post of then, just in case...

Twilight said...

Jefferson's Guardian ~~~ As you say - pretty strange! My 12 May post hadn't been restored, though they reported that restoration was almost complete for all blogs and they were working on comments now.
I posted a question on the Blogger Help forum telling them that my post for 12 May and comments are still AWOL.

When I went back to look at the forum a little later all questions from today had been removed - several were saying the same thing as me.

Anyway I've now re-posted 12 May blog myself along with copies of comments from my e-mail notifications.

Should've done that in the first place I suppose.

"If you want something doing - do it yourself" - always a good motto to live by

;-)

Twilight said...

Gian Paul ~~~ Yes - it must be quite a headache for employees to keep up with changes and so-called "improvements". The Manual keeps getting changed !

I've re-published THAT post myself - and comments using copies of e-mail notifications. Thank you again for your kind remarks, GP.

James Higham said...

I thought you'd have that vectored by now, Twilight.

Twilight said...

James ~~ :-)