Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

No astrology today, but a chance to say Thank You to visitors to Learning Curve on the Ecliptic for landing here, and an even bigger Thank You to any brave enough to actually read my scribblings. Thank You, also, to all those other bloggers and astrologers whose talents and knowledge enrich and brighten my days.

This will be my fourth Thanksgiving. The holiday still feels a little "foreign", but very pleasant. I'm thankful for having a brand new family here in the USA, who have unstintingly welcomed this ageing orphan and spouse of their Paternal Elder, "HeWhoKnows", into their midst.

And I'm thankful that, on Monday this week, the USCIS at last cashed the cheque I sent to them in July with my application for US citizenship. This doesn't take me much further along my journey to citizenship, but at least I'm on the train now!

In a world in which there often seems little to be confident about, there's still plenty to be thankful for.



Cover illustration (1924) by J.C. Leyendecker

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all in the USA !



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, my Limey in-law. And of course we've welcomed you into the group - hey, we kicked the bejeebers outta you Brits back in The Day and Americans do have soft spots in their hearts for the vanquished!!!!! The bird is cookin', see you soon.
Peace 'n' love.

Twilight said...

LOL! Oh really?

But you Americans seem to have lost the touch for vanquishing in recent years (wink).

Licking my lips.

Love and Peace back atcha!

Michelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving Twilight, a bit late, but then is it ever too late to be thankful?

Twilight said...

Thanks, Michelle :-)

It was a very pleasant day.