Monday, March 12, 2007

Toning the Blogging Muscle



Somewhat optimistically, I set myself a target of writing something here every day, mostly something astrology-related. It's akin to exercising each morning, I suppose. I'm strengthening my blogging muscle!


Some days I know immediately what to write about, on other days I stumble around searching for a topic. While waiting for the next idea to hit me, I often trawl the bloggy ocean via 'Next Blog'. Occasionally I'll find a hint of inspiration there. I have yet to reel in anything resembling an astrology blog, or even a new-agey one, which probably indicates how much in the minority we are.

When I do pull up a blog which appeals to me, after reading a little I click to the blogger's profile. It's interesting to see whether they have opted to omit the question on zodiac signs. If so, and many do omit this, I confess that, initially, I become wary, perhaps prejudiced would be a better word. I don't care which sign they have inserted, as long as they have inserted one. Oddly (or maybe not) I find that blogs written by Geminis and Aquarians appeal to me most often. I know well enough that a Sun sign is no proper guide, in real life, or in blogging, yet I suspect that in Gemini's case the Sun cannot help but shine through - this is Mercury's domain, after all. As for Aquarius, it's probably a case of "it takes one to know one". I enjoy that 'eureka!' experience, and I can often be heard to mutter "I knew it" as I trawl among the blogs.
"Knew what?" asks the husband, if in earshot.
"It's hard to explain, I don't think you'd understand", I reply.
Shrug of the shoulders, exit left.

So....I managed to reel in a brief blog entry after all. The blogging muscle is still in need of further toning, I think!

2 comments:

Jeffrey Kishner said...

I am happy to see you blogging daily. It's a good practice. I've been writing every weekday on one of my blogs. I use 103bees.com to track the search queries that bring readers to my blog, and that provides plenty of idea fodder.

Twilight said...

Hi Jeff!

Thank you for the hint, I'll look into 103bees.com - it could be a great help.