Saturday, November 25, 2006

Astro-frustration

I feel another astrological grumble coming on !

I really should stop reading astrology in books, articles, and on the internet. I can't. Perhaps I'm addicted. A lot of the time I just know I'm going to feel frustrated and annoyed about what I read, but I continue to do it. Maybe I'm searching for THE book or THE article which will make me feel "Yes! This is it!" I'm like the gambler who carries on betting, against the odds, because "THIS time it'll be different".


Astrology has been mashed, chipped, fried, baked, boiled, broiled, shedded, overdone, underdone, tossed, sweetened, stirred and shaken. I suppose it's understandable, there's a lot to work with. What I don't understand is why, after every method imaginable has been tried, there is no consensus among professional astrologers about anything at all.

If all, some, or any of those methods are valid, why isn't there agreement and acceptance by all ? Why has astrology split into separate camps - Tropical, Sidereal, Traditional, Modern, Uranian, Cosmobiology, Harmonics to mention a few? Even within each camp there is no full consensus as far as I can see. Astrology has followed the pattern of organised religion - not a good thing!

I have probably already discarded more astrological doctrine than is good for me in order to satisfy my own personal view. There's plenty left, but among all the options still out there, I cannot find someone or something which says exactly what I want to hear. Am I wrong? I suppose I must be wrong. I sometimes wish I could ignore astrology, but I can't, it carries on chattering to me from the corners of my mind.

Like the gambler, I shall carry on regardless.

No comments: